Specialized Endorsements, M.Ed.
NLU’s Specialized Endorsements, M.Ed., allows licensed teachers to earn master’s degrees while taking coursework that may also lead to state endorsements in ESL, ESL/Bilingual Education, Reading Teacher or Special Education (LBS I).
In addition to the National College of Education Graduate Admission Requirements, applicants must:
- Have a valid and active Illinois Professional Educator License
- Requires 33-42 hours for completion, depending on the major
- Requires the completion of one major from the list below
- Candidates are advised that endorsements are awarded by the State of Illinois per the guidelines posted at http://www.isbe.net. Additional requirements beyond the below coursework and tests may apply.
- In order to earn the Reading Teacher Endorsement, candidates must pass the ISBE Reading Teacher content test (#177)
- In order to earn the Bilingual Endorsement, candidates must pass the ISBE Target Language Proficiency test
- In order to earn the Special Education Endorsement, candidates must pass the ISBE Special Education LBSI content test (#155)